We are not believers in legalese, nor are we personal information hounds. Our goal on this site is to provide you with useful tips and projects that’ll make your life easier and more fun. Spam and abuse of personal information aren’t fun. Any mail that you receive from us will be because you signed up for it. If you get mail from anyone else it won’t be because of us.
- Data stored by our site includes your IP address, date of visit, and other minor details. This information is used primarily for analytics purposes, and includes no identifiable information. Your email address will be stored in the blog’s database only if you make a comment on an entry. We will never use your email address to send you spam, and we will never sell your email address. The only email sent to your address will be post links via RSS, and you may cancel your RSS feed at any time.
- We run advertisements on Near Miscellany, particularly Google ads. We collect no personal information from you through these ads, although they may deposit cookies on your computer, and possibly track your browsing through the analytics as mentioned above.
- If you post on a blog entry or subscribe to RSS, session data may be stored in our database, and cookie information may be stored on your computer. This data contains no personally identifiable information, and it won’t harm your computer. Delete the cookies with glee if you wish, it won’t hurt anything.
- We are not responsible for the privacy policies of sites we link to.
- We reserve the right to change this policy at any time because we might just think of something else to add.
That’s all, folks. Enjoy your browse through Near Miscellany!